Welcome to Shinad Immigration !!

+1 780 788 9492 Login Assessment

Work in Canada

There are two types of work permits in Canada.

  • Employer-Specific Work Permit
  • Open Work Permit

An employer-specific work permit grants permit holders the ability to work under only the employer specified in the work permit. In order to apply for an employer-specific work permit, an applicant must have a valid job offer from a Canadian Employer, a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and must meet the other eligibility requirements by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

An open work permit allows the permit holders to work for any employer in Canada as long as they are not listed as an ineligible employer by the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You may be able to apply for an open work permit if you belong to any of the following categories.

  • The spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or an international student.
  • An international student in Canada who recently graduated from a DLI and is eligible for a post graduate work permit.
  • A student who is no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student) applied for permanent residence in Canada.
  • A temporary resident permit holder.

In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.

Contact Us

Complete your free assessment form.